Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

DNA Test Received in Houston

I received notice today that the dna sample from our Henwood male is now in the lab in Houston, at Family Tree dna. They said it would take about 3 weeks for results if the processing shows good results the first time. If not it goes back to the lab and so it might take from 3 to 5 weeks for the tests to be completed. About 85% of tests on the first run are successful.

I know that my mother's father's family of Robinson came from England originally in about 1630 or so according to family oral history. Henwood is also from England, so I'm going to bet myself that the results of Henwood could also be R1b1b2, but I could be so wrong. I don't know what the haplogroups are that have been found in England, so this will be most interesting.

A report states that R1b1b2 arose around 5,000 to 8,000 years ago. So far we've only had 2 exact matches on our 12 alleles out of 19,201 people tested and 3 out of the United Kingdom out of 8,550 people tested that listed just the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment