There were 1,447 Henwoods in England.
In Hampshire County there were now 156.
Out of those, 11 were Henry Henwood.
1. Henry W. age 49 b: 1852 was a carpenter and joiner. He's on our tree.
2. Henry W. age 21 b: 1880 was a clothier; an outfitters assistant. He's the son.
3. Henry age 46 b: 1855 was a bricklayer.
4. Henry age 14 b: 1887 was a son living with parents and was a grocer porter.
5. Henry age 74 b: 1827 was a carpenter and is on our tree. He's the first one.
I found him on www.ancestry.com living in the Basingstoke Union workhouse with hundreds of other people of all ages. He was now a recent widower, retired and probably unable to work as was 74. Record said he was born in Mortimer West End, Hampshire, Basing-.
6. Henry age 5 was born in 1896.
7. Henry age 37 b: 1864 was a general labourer. I found him on ancestry living in Basingstoke with wife Sarah 37 with children Henry J #8, Sarah F age 2 and Leonard age 1. Living with them was David Tubb 69. I could not get into the original census for more info. They were not on the list that came up.
8. Henry J age 12 was born 1889. Name: Henry James Henwood (England & Wales Birth Index). b: Basingstoke, Berkshire, Hampshire, England.
9. Henry age 74 b: 1827 was a retired agricultural labourer.
10. Henry age 30 b: 1871 was a bricklayer labourer.
11. Henry age 71 b: 1830 lived in a home as the father in law. He was a house carpenter.
I had not found Henry b: 1827, the carpenter, on ancestry's 1901 English census. Now I've found two on this site. I'll have to go back and look again.
I have found a Christening dated February 11, 1827 in Basinstoke, Hampshire, England for our Henry. Now finding two born in the same year makes me wonder if it's the right one, or if the site listed this information twice off the census. Hope I find it on another.