Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cornwall and the Village of Henwood in Cornwall, England

Response from David about the Henwood Village in Cornwall, England that I had heard about.

"Nadene,I've been there. We visited England in 1988 or 89 and went to Callington, where my grandfather was born and visited the small, small village of Henwood. No commercial establishments, just perhaps a dozen houses.Jim HenwoodOf Seattle, Wash. USA".

I've found out that Liskeard is also in Cornwall. Here's a message about it.

Hi All,

My name is Charles Henwood. I live in Tampa, Florida. My gr-gr-grandfather was William a farmer who lived at "Straceys" near Liskeard according to a letter my gr-grandfather wrote to him. His name was Charles Pooley Henwood. He had 3 brothers Richard, William and John and 2 sisters Ann and Lydia Hedges. Charles Pooley was a supervisor of the collection of inland revenue in Wellington where he is buried. All immigrated to the US except William who went to Australia.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of them. I have more info if anyone is interested.

C. Henwood

No comments:

Post a Comment